I have been working on this model for some time, so I wanted to present my latest version.
The ADDIE Backwards Model is quite similar to most other ADDIE type models. Note that the Learning Platform (Implement) rests on the Analysis, Design, Development, and Evaluation Phases. The steps in the Analysis Phase closely align with Phillips' Needs Model and Kirkpatrick's Four Levels of Evaluations. In addition, the Analysis steps align with the Design and Development steps:
Click for a larger version with “clickable” links
- Business Needs - how a learning initiative will support the organization's initiatives, strategies, or goals
- Job Performance Needs - determine the cause of the performance deficiency that is preventing the business unit from reaching its objectives and identify the performance required to reach it
- Training Needs - define appropriate performance, instructional, and informational material (includes both formal and informal)
- Individual Needs - ensure the goals and tasks will be judged by the learners as important and doable
- Develop Objectives - what tasks the learners will be able to perform after they finish the learning process
- Develop Tests - how well the tasks must be performed
- Identify Learning Steps - how to perform the tasks
- List Entry Behaviors - what the learners must know before entering the learning process
- Sequence - sequenced and structured to provide the best opportunity for learning that will lead to performance
- List Learner Activities — activities that help the learners perform in order to meet the Business Needs.
- Choose Delivery System — the medium is selected that will not only best deliver the learning platform to the learners, but also has the least interruption on their jobs (performance aids, social media, informal learning techniques, etc.)
- Review Existing Material — see if any preexisting content can be recycled to meet the performance needs
- Develop Instruction — the courseware, such as the activities, performance aids, content, context, etc. are created
- Synthesize — combine into a coherent whole so that it best integrates the information and activities into a learning platform that fosters performance
- Validate Instruction — ensure the learning platform helps the learners to reach the business objective and informs them of the need to perform to the required standards
The Analysis, Design, and Development phases provided the underlying support to ensure the learning platform:
- Performs as predicted (solves a real business need)
- Flows with the job performance needs (improves job performance rather than interrupt it)
- Supports all training and learning needs
- Ensure the learners see the training as important and doable so that they are motivated to engage in it
Aligning the ADDIE model with Kirkpatrick's Four Levels of Evaluation helps to ensure the learning platforms performs as expected
Can Measurement and analysis system (A six sigma approach)be introduced to E-learning for Eliminating defects and achieving high standard quality.
1. What is a defect in E-learning.
2. How to Measure defect.
3. Process Mapping to know the CTQ.
If anyone can explain me in detail as I am going to do a six sigma project on E-learning
Post a Comment